Thursday, May 26, 2011

Expectations [GBE2]

Expectations. I have no idea where to begin, so I’m just going to start typing and see where that takes me lol! I never expected to be taking part in the GBE ever again and seeing it back is a pleasant surprise! I used to really enjoy reading the GBE blog on Myspace and I think it's how I met a few of my awesome Facebook friends (Chickee, Duchess, Jessa, hiya!). But back to expectations….



When I first saw the topic, I honestly expected not to say anything because I set my expectations very low and the last thing I want is people thinking I’m a pessimist! Which, I can be…but I like to think of myself more as a realist. I have learned that getting my hopes up and expecting certain things to happen will only led to disappointment on my part and that is me just being real. If things happen to work out for the best, then that just makes everything so much better.

I also have a hard time writing about things that I am feeling. Even though I love to blog, I don’t consider myself a real blogger. I don’t mind blogging about fun things, such as idol or ranting about something that has irked my nerves, but when it comes to just talking about me, I close up. That's because I expect anything I say to come out sounding stupid. I have this lack of self confidence in anything I do - that I basically expect myself to fail, so I just don’t do it…even when it comes to taking part in blog topics. Which is silly, I know! I read some many deep and thought provoking blogs that's written by people who are able to put their thoughts and feelings together so beautifully , and I just don’t have the nerves to open myself  up in that way. So I usually end up not saying anything.

Wow, this blog is turning into a complete “depress fest” and for some reason I feel like I am just rambling now, so please forgive me! I just want to say again that it’s great to see the group back!! I will try to expect more out of myself and see if I can overcome the impulse to keep quiet when it comes to topics that make me feel apprehensive to join in. Like this one! ;-)

Ps: If you read my blogs, expect bad grammar and a lot of typos lol! I do apologize!!

=)

24 comments:

  1. I'm also the type that usually ends up not saying anything. I'm just very shy and private, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're participating and putting yourself out there, Nicole. It takes courage and confidence to do that. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I didn't find this depressing at all!!  I think you kept it real...and when you write and can keep it real that makes you a real blogger!!  I enjoyed reading this and I look forward to reading you some more!  Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Beth "got the band back together". Great write!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said, "...I expect anything I say to come out sounding stupid."

    Let me just say that to me, you sound anything but stupid. It really can be hard to 'put it all out there,' especially for people who tend to be rather private. If I could give you just one piece of advice, it would be this: Just write. Don't over-think it or second-guess yourself...just put your fingers on the keyboard and go. Let your words go wherever they want and before you know it, you'll likely look back over it and realize that you had a lot more to say than you first thought.

    The nice thing about blogging that way is that it's risk-free. If you don't like what you wrote or feel that it's far too personal to share, you can delete your document and move on. If you like all of it, or even just a little chunk, then you've got your post.

    I'm so glad that you've decided to join in on the blog-a-thon!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am semi private myself. It's kind of weird really...I am friendly and dont mind talking to people, but I'm just too shy to initiate most of the time. Online I am vary more talkative than I am in person. It's nice to met you Jennifer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I decided to post also. As much as I love the group, I was really debating if I would join in this week. But I told myself that I couldnt miss out on the first topic because I would just regret it in the end, so I just started typing! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what I read, you sound very intelligent.  Great blog!!

    Kathy
    http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad, cause the last thing I wanted was to drag everybody down with a depressing blog!! Thank you for reading and it's great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! It's exciting seeing the group back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. =) Thanks for saying that! I was definitely over thinking everything when I first saw the topic. I had no idea what I would  say and was afraid of coming off way too whiny from being so pessimistic ...and I didnt want that to be first impression people got of me! Eeek!  So instead of trying to think about what to say in my head, I just started typing and that worked out MUCH better. It didnt sound so bad once everything was wrote out!

    Thanks for taking the time to put this group back together! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! And thanks for reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think...YOUR FEARLESS!! : )  welcome back to GBE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. From the Queen of No Confidence (me) to you, I say confidence is highly overrated and whether you have it or not you should do what you like as long as you aren't hurting anyone.  The results in your case are great, keep on blogging.  

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can totally live by that philosophy! Thanks for reading and nice to meet you Pamela! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicole, it takes practice to describe how you're feeling and it can be quite scary. Just ask yourself how you "really" feel about something and connect it to something that's happened or happening in your life.

    You're a wonderful writer and I enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a little scary for me, especially since I'm just not used to opening up to anybody in general...even people one on one. I keep a lot to myself. We shall see where each topic takes me though!

    Thank you and thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Langley CornwellMay 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    I have a hard time writing about myself too, but I can't tell that about you from this honest and refreshing post. Great stuff! Glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you....it's great to meet you also! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Completely feel you with the whole concept of putting feelings out there.  And your response to that first comment below - I was talking about this yesterday at a writing group!  I'm really an outgoing and pretty social person, but very private about anything that matters.

    See you next week for GBE.  Glad to see that originals signed up to do it again - this is my first time around.  I never even had MySpace.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ps - i think the title of your blog is proof positive that it's not meant to depress!
     

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know some people walk through life as an open book, but I think a little mystery is a good thing =) I like to think of myself as sociable once I get to know somebody ...if I'm not used to you, I tend to keep quiet. Except when it comes to online...I'm far more comfortable typing to people than I am talking to people that I hardly know.

    I think you will love the GBE! =) And It's nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. =) I'm glad you like the title....I promised myself when I opening up this Blogger, that I would avoid any "hot topics" that would lead to rants LOL

    ReplyDelete