Wednesday, May 18, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 3 Performs!

James Durbin got sent home last week....and tonight's show was awesome! I'm not saying those two things are related lol! But seriously, tonight has been my fave night so far! All the contestants absolutely owned their performances! They had three songs to perform tonight: The first round was a song of their choice, the second round was Jimmy Iovine's choice, and the last round was the judges picks.

Scotty McCreery
First Round: "Amazed" by Lonestar. I love that song! The song and video are both sexy :P Scotty actually amazed me with his version! He did a really good job! I thought his voice sounded perfect on all the notes and I thought it was one of his best performances! Steven said he took the song a notch and that he just gets better every week.

Second Round: "Are You gonna Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square. I am so loving this song right now! I actually posted the video to my facebook and twitter last night! It's just so freaking catchy! Scotty played the guitar duing his performance and he rocked it out again. Just loved it! The judges loved him again ..actually I think Jennifer may have loved him a little too much lol! Anyway Randy actually compared his performance to that of Garth Brooks! (I personally wouldnt ever go that far.)

Third Round: "She Believes In Me" by Kenny Rogers (picked by Steven).  The judges went with a old school country-pop song. LOL- Is it possible for country to be old school? I dunno..but whatever :-P I thought it was a nice choice for him. He performed the hell out of it and sounded great doing it. The judges loved the way he held the choruses of the song.

Lauren Alaina


First Round: "Wild One" by Faith Hill. Another song that I love, yet I was kinda disappointed in her choice of song at the time, but looking back, I think she made the right decision with picking something upbeat and fun. I'd have rather seen her perform "Breath" though. Lauren did a good job with the song and the all the judges gave her great feedback.

Second Round: "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. Gosh, I was so loving all the country music tonight! Another good song and just wow! I dont think Lauren ever sounded better as she did during that performance! Lauren's voice was just a perfect fit for that song. I actually got chills with one of the last notes she hit. The judges pointed out that she kinda stumbled with her notes, by missing the key changes, but I didnt notice. The judges still loved her however. I felt it was her best performance ever on the stage.

Third Round: "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack (picked by Jennifer). Huge song that every country fan in the world seems to love...except for me. I actually kinda hate the song =/ But Lauren's voice sounded beautiful on it and she actually made it her own, especially by doing different runs...I actually really liked her version of it and felt it was better than the original. She was also wearing a beautiful blue dress and she looked so gorgeous in it! The judges loved her...Steven said that she walked out there liked she owned the Grand Ole Opry! lol!

Haley Reinhart
 
First Round: "What Is And What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin.  Her dad joined her on stage by playing the guitar. I'm not familiar with the song, but I loved her performance! She did have a wipe out on stage, but she got right back up and kept rocking it out! I was actually kinda blown away. She just freakin rocked the stage. The judges loved her and thought it was one of her best performances. Steven even said it was superb!

Second Round: "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. Wow- another great performance from Haley. She had the wind blowing in her hair...really great effects. It made for a visually beautiful performance as well as a nice vocal performance. The judges thought her pitch was perfect throughout the song. Randy said the song choice was a little somber, but liked it anyway. Jennifer felt it was a nice contrast to her first performance. 

Third Round: "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette (picked by Randy). Never really liked Alanis, but I did enjoyed Haley's performance tonight...she freakin owned the chorus of the song! Just sooooo good! The judges praised her again and they all thought she nailed the choruses also!


Wow just such a great night. I loved them all..every performance was totally awesome in some way. I am voting for Scotty and Lauren...but I would be happy with a Lauren/Haley finish as long as Lauren won. I love Scotty..but I'm really rooting for a girl to win and I want that girl to be Lauren!  Of course if it comes down to Scotty and Haley, I'll def. be rooting for Scotty.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the show yet, but your review makes me want to!  Thank you so much for keeping me updated all season long. 

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I think you will really enjoy it! =) No, thank you for reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw part of it on the news I think. From what I heard, Hailey did own the chorus to Alanis' song like u said.

    ReplyDelete