Monday, May 16, 2011

30 Day Buffy Challenge: Day 8

Day 8: Favorite Friendship


I really wanna say the Buffy/Willow/Xander friendship, but after giving it some thought, I gotta go with the friendship between Buffy and Giles.  I really loved how their relationship changed over time. Giles was originally just her Watcher - The one that trained her on how to fight the big bads, which she was always trying to resist that first season, much to his dismay. Over time they developed a Father/Daughter type of bond and I really enjoyed watching their relationship evolve from just that of a Watcher/Slayer. Even when Buffy was defying the Council, Giles always stood by her side. They didnt always see eye to eye, but I think they ultimately had a deep respect and family love for one another.

4 comments:

  1. This is a weird question, isn't it? Almost everyone would choose within the Scooby dynamic, because those are the ones that stick out.

    So... I am going to say my fav friendship was the one Cordy had with herself. They really loved each other, no? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  LOL Yea I know! I actually saw somebody on Tumblr choose Spike and Dawn though. How weird.

    Oh heck yeah, Cordy was all about Cordy in high school. Though, you cant ever really hate her..even back during season one...but she tested my limits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time she really tested my limits was when she was high-jacked by a higher power and I did not realize it. Her and Connor? Brrrrgh...

    ReplyDelete
  4.  LOL! Yea, that was ....wrong on all levels.

    ReplyDelete