Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

30 Day Buffy Challenge: Day 19

Day 19: Character You Like That Everyone Else Hates


Nobody murder me, but Dawn!

Okay, before somebody goes "Wtf, are you insane?!"- just let me say that I much preferred Buffy before she had a sister and it would have not  bothered me one bit if she had been eventually written out the show. But all that aside, I dont understand why her character gets so much hate. I know that she can be bratty and whine a lot, but I think it's understandable given her situation. I mean, if I learned that I wasnt a real person and was actually some key and I had a god and everybody else trying to kill me, on top of  being a teenage girl (and lets face it, teenage girls are already emotionally unstable without dealing with those things!)..yea I think I might tend to overreact and whine myself. So in trying to understand Dawn in that sense, I just cant bring myself to hate her.
Cept that time that little bitch had the nerve to kick Buffy out of her own freakin house. Grr. Argh :]

4 comments:

  1. LOL I am not even going to dignify this with a comment... 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on! She wasnt that bad....well maybe a little lol...but I think she gets a lot of unnecessary hate. What's really bizarre, James Marsters had a thing for Michelle Trachtenberg back in the day and of course she was underage at the time, but he wrote a song called "Dangerous" ...and revealed it was about her years later...Wowzer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - that's borderline ick-factor. Not because of Michelle - if I'd been 17 at the time she was on Buffy I would have had some naughty thoughts about her - but because Marsters was NOT 17... or 27... or even 37. Eeeesh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think anything ever came out of it..aside from a song, but who knows?! But hell, I have no idea how old he was back then ...(goes to wiki and then does to math..okay back from wiki with some dates)...The song was released in 2003 on an album, which is the same year Buffy went off the air: That puts James at 41 and her 18. So I'm assuming it was actually wrote a few years before if she was underage: 16-17 so that would have made him 39-40. 

    But yeah, maybe icky...but if that would have been me James was lusting after...HELLO!

    And damn! I didnt realize he was in his late 30s back then..man has some really good genetics.

    ReplyDelete