Wednesday, April 6, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 9 Performs!

Let me start by making an announcement regarding my Idol blogs: Starting tomorrow, I will not be blogging the result shows ...for the time being. New episodes of The Vampire Diaries start tomorrow, and I'll be watching til the show goes back on hiatus, which I'm sure will be before Idol is over. When the show does go back on hiatus, I'll returning blogging the Idol results. Okay, now that's out of the way.....The contestants performed songs from members of the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame tonight. Overall, it was a pretty good show!

Jacob Lusk
Jacob performed "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. Eh, I wasnt feeling his performance too much. I just dont think he did Michael any justice. It wasnt a bad performance, it just felt like another choir performance, which is how he sounds every week. Steven and Jennifer loved him as usual, both telling him it was beautiful. Randy thought he had several "Jacob Moments" during his performance. 

Haley Reinhart
Haley performed "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin. I love the song! I love Janis's version of the song and I also love Faith Hill's country version of the song. I thought Haley was really good, although I did think she over exaggerated the screaming and the growls. It came natural to Janis, Haley's seemed rehearsed LOL (Which it was of course, but you get what I mean). Randy loved the run she did at the end of the song and Steven said he couldnt find anything wrong with her performance. Jennifer also loved it.

Casey Abrams
Casey performed "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. One of my favorite songs!! Casey sounded great vocally, but I'm not sure if I liked how he slowed the song down a bit - which wasnt that much, but the lyrics came out slower than the original version. But I loved the rain effects in the background! Overall I really enjoyed it. Randy said that he made CCR proud and loved that Casey is making the upright base kool, which he played during his performance. Steven called him a true musician.

Lauren Alaina
Lauren performed "Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin.  I thought it was a very bold choice to take on such a big song by one of the greatest female voices of all time. Lauren took the song the country route and actually did a good job! Not my fave performance, but you cant deny her vocals...and she did hit some pretty  big notes. Steven called her a "natural born woman." Jennifer thought that she was amazing and Randy said that she did a good job given that she picked a difficult song to sing.

James Durbin
James performed "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison. Never heard of that song, but I think it has great music. I'm not sure what to think about his performance though. I thought it had some weird momemts where he sounded kinda flat, but then again he had some really good moments. I think he should stick to uptempo songs though cause they fit him better. Jennifer loved seeing the other side of James. Randy loved seeing the emotions and loved that he's taking chances. Steven told him it was a moment to be proud of.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty performed "That's All Right Mama" by Elvis. Scotty decided to go Rock this week! I just knew he'd pick a Cash song, so I was surprised by his choice! It was different, but I think it worked! Of course he aint Elvis, but he had fun with it and week after week he has proved that he has the vocals, so why not have some fun?! Very solid performance. A bunch of girls ran the stage and swarmed him after he finished singing LOL! Ryan was looking like WTH! I think they confused Scotty with Elvis for a minute anyways...Randy loved seeing the other side of him, Steven thought he did well. Jennifer felt a little flavor in his moves and asked him had he been listening to Rap and Hip Hop LOL! Listen J.Lo, country singers have flavor too! :-P

Pia Toscano
Pia performed "River Deep Mountain High" by Tina Turner. Uptempo Pia!! But what a fucking crappy song choice! LOL Sorry, but that song should just be left to Tina Turner - it just seemed corny from her, especially coupled with the funky outfit and not so great moving around she was doing. Vocally, she was awesome. Steven thought she "killed it" in a good way. Randy thought she delivered, but him and Jennifer both told her that she needs to work on her movements on stage.

Stefano Langone
Stefano performed "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge. Eeeeek! Stefano performing another awesome song that he shouldnt be allowed near! Okay, I admit it wasnt that bad though. He had some moments where his vocals really shinned, but he still needs to stick to more contemporary performances in my opinion. Jennifer LOVED it and thought it was beautiful. She felt like he had another layer of emotion in his performance. She felt like it was magic. Randy wasnt as excited, but  liked it. Steven thought that he nailed it.

Paul McDonald
 
Paul performed "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash. ... W.T.F. ... I LOVE Johnny Cash and Johnny had such a unique voice, which so does James. But his voice and style couldnt be more different than Cash's. I was left really confused at his performance, which came off way too fun - he was having a dance party up there! I just have no words. Randy loved it. Steven loved it, told him he rocked the house, and Jennifer said it was the perfect way to close the show. Uh, yea....


I have no idea who will be going home tomorrow. Too hard to call, but I think the bottom should be Jacob, Pia, and Stefano based on past performances. None of them have improved since week one. 

Your Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Will.I.Am? Is he high or something? lol

    Jacob – I love MJ but OH LORD, Jacob is annoying!

    Haley – I agree with you but I like it.

    James – Guess who’s joining the annoying club??? I was just about to say “good” and he hit the note so high I swear I wanna bite his head off. I don’t like James. I know David Cook cry almost every week and won idol but doesn’t mean you have to do the same. I don’t care about how you feel. Suck it up dude. By the way, big boys don’t cry after every song! #emomode #annoyed

    Pia – What the f is she wearing? I hate it. The judges are crazy. Yes, she can sing but hell no, im not entertained.

    Stefano – I hate it. Wtf is wrong with the judges?

    Paul – Don’t like the first part but it gets better towards the end.

    Others are OK I guess, Im just not loving it.

    I wish JLO and STEVEN would stop using the word BEAUTIFUL!!! Just stfu... yes all of them can sing but you guys need to be tougher. Bring SIMON back or someone as rational as him. Yes, I know all of them can sing very well, but this competition is about who is gonna be successful in a long run and sell more records. Heck, if it's about who can sing - the whole top 100 can sing very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right now i'm wondering how safe Lauren is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO I have no idea, but he was acting sorta stupid with the Country + Soul thing and then the Country + Rock...I thought for a minute he was going to say Crock LOL!

    Jacob gets more annoying each week and I didnt like he said that if people dont vote for him, it would be because they're afraid to look at themselves in the mirror...Wtf!? -__-

    I've read certain sites online saying that James cheated on his wife during Hollywood week ....Nice he dedicated a song to his family LOL I like him okay though, he aint my fave and I wont be upset if he leaves.

    Ahahahaha omg! I thought the same thing about Pia and her outfit...Just No.

    I have no idea wth is up with the judges this year. Randy seems to be the only one that gives half ass legit criticism. I absolutely adore Steven Tyler, but his use of the word beautiful is annoying LOL I thought he'd be a tougher judge! He still makes me happy though, but I miss Simon =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda worried that she may have got lost in the shuffle last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait for the next episode

    ReplyDelete