Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol 10:Top 11 Redux -Results Show!

Tonight's results show was different: Instead of kicking off the show with a group performance, idols were paired into groups throughout the show to perform and then they were given their results. Ryan said that over 55 million votes came in last night, which is a lot for a top 11 show. The Ford music was still featured. They used the song "Kryptonite" and butchered it LOL - But the video itself was kinda kool with the superhuman theme. The two guest performers of the night were Fantasia and then Jamie Foxx & wii.i.am collaborating together. Fantasia performed her new single "Collard Greens and Cornbread." I'm not sure how she won because I wasnt watching Idol back then, but I have never been impressed with any of her music or her guest performances. I'm not even going to comment on her hairstyle tonight.... Jamie Foxx and wii.i.am werent any better with their collaboration of "Hot Wings." It's for a new animated film called "Rio" so I guess it was okay in that context. But lets get to the results....


The first collaboration of the night was a duet between Lauren and Scotty. They performed Randy Travis's "I Told You So" and OMG Scotty melted my heart tonight and Lauren was so good! That was one of my fave performances on Idol!  They were both Safe! =)

Naima and Jacob teamed up next to perform "Solid." I'm not sure who the song is by. It was a fun performance. Naima sounded better than Jacob. I just cant take Jacob seriously as a Real Artist. I actually think they would both be better on Broadway. However, Jacob was safe, while Naima was the first to be in the bottom three.

Haley, Thia, and Pia then gave a group performance of Katy Perry's song "Teenage Dream. Love that song and their version just didnt compare to the original! However, I was so glad to see Pia performing and singing something uptempo! I didnt think it was the best harmony though, but they all sounded good. Haley and Pia survived being in the bottom, but Thia was the second person to be sent to the stool.

The final group performance came from Paul, Stefano, James, and Casey. They all formed a band together since making it on Idol, and I cant remember what they call themselves, but I think they better stick to solo careers. They performed "Band On The Run" and I thought their harmonies were rather horrible, but the all sounded good solo. Casey is the first one to be told that he's safe, after surviving elimination last week. Then James is sent back to safety, which is no surprise there. That left Stefano and Paul. I was really hoping Stefano would be in the bottom since he butchered "Tiny Dancer" but he was safe, with Paul being the final contestant in danger of being eliminated.

The Bottom Three: Naima, Thia, and Paul
 

Thankfully the elimination wasnt dragged out. I have been hoping Naima would be going home since the beginning, so I was relived when they said that Paul was the one that was Safe! I do feel bad about Thia though. I think she sorta got lost in the competition. She definitely has the potential to make it as an artist someday.

Your Thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. I was happy with the results. Both fantasia and Jamie fox sucked so bad I actually had to mute my tv .. Scotty & Lauren should soo get married! I'm glad naima & Thea are gone but here's where it gets difficult. Everyone left is real talented, j wouldn't mind to see Jacob go next week he should go do s gospel album.. He's not idol material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy with the results. Both fantasia and Jamie fox sucked so bad I actually had to mute my tv .. Scotty & Lauren should soo get married! I'm glad naima & Thea are gone but here's where it gets difficult. Everyone left is real talented, j wouldn't mind to see Jacob go next week he should go do s gospel album.. He's not idol material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little sad over Thia going before Jacob, cause I agree with you - Gospel is his true calling, not Idol! LOL Scotty and Lauren do perfect duets together! They must release an official duet single in the future =) I agree, it's going to be a very hard call from here on out...it's going to depend on who "Brings It" that week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it!!!! Everytime I start liking someone they will be voted out. I just wanna say I hate Paul..haha. Glad Naima is gone, she dont deserve to be there in the first place. Kendra should make it to the top 12.
    Poor Thia..but oh well...nothing I can do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont feel bad...the same thing happens to me too!! Same here about Naima....I still wish Kendra made it =/ Hopefully Thia will get a record deal, she deserves one. Her voice is too good not to be picked up by a label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so no more unique performances and outfits from Naima. i'm not that disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the only performance that i was really impressed by was unfortunately the one where you categorized it as the one with the weird dance :p. i wasn't really paying attention to the words though, so maybe the reggae version of it did seem weird :p.

    I just saw that Brett Lowernstern has been doing somewhat of a live show. I think it may have been local to wherever he lives.

    ReplyDelete