Thursday, March 3, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 13 Revealed!

I'm not sure why Idol chose to jerk us around all week by saying there would be two wildcard picks. I'm pretty certain that they decided to have 13 people for a while. Anyways, 40 million votes were counted over the two days. Two video packages were played that showed the contestants journey on idol thus far. One involving the guys and then one about the girls. I thought both were good, but I enjoyed the guy's video more. Their video showed that they all have a great sense of humor and are all funny in their own way. I felt the girls were more serious in theirs.

 

Okay so the results kicked off with two guys, Scotty and Robbie. Scotty is the country boy in the competition, that delivered a great performance of "Letters From Home" Tuesday night.  Robbie performed "Arms of An Angel" and I said Tuesday that he didnt do the song justice at all. So I wasnt surprised at all when Scotty was the one put through and Robbie was sent back to the couch.

Clint, Jordan, and Jovany were up next. I wasnt impressed with any of these guys performances Tuesday night, so I wasnt very surprised when Ryan said that none of them made it according to America. (Harsh, America, Harsh! :-P)

I'm just going to keep with the guys instead of doing an exact play by play.....

Tim, Casey and Jacob were the next set of guys called up. I knew Casey was a lock in, he's been pimped since his first audition, not surprised he made it at all. I also figured Jacob would be put through due to his emotional and overly applauded performance on Tuesday's show. I cant even really remember Tim, so I wasnt shocked that America didnt put him through. 

The next two guys up were Brett and Paul. Both I kinda liked vocally, but I didnt enjoy Paul's performance Tuesday, while I really enjoyed Brett's. I was sorta disappointed America chose Paul instead. 

The last two guys left battling for the 5th spot was Stefano and James and America gave the spot to James.

So your top 5 Guys according to America's voters are: Scotty McCreery, Casey Abrams, Jacob Lusk, Paul McDonald, and James Durbin.

 

The two girls that were first up for results were Pia and Lauren A. Pia gave a beautiful performance Wednesday. Lauren was the one I was on the fence about. Both were put through! 

Tatynisa and Julie were up next. Neither of them I liked Wednesday. American voters agreed, neither were put through.

Then Kendra, Ashton and Karen. I had loved Karen's performance and really liked Kendra's voice. I was hoping they both would make it through, but Karen was the one put through. I didnt like Ashton Wednesday, and the voters agreed.

The next three girl were Naime, Thia, and Lauren. T. While I find Naime good, I dont think she is American Idol material. Thia I've liked since the beginning. I didnt like Lauren's performance Wednesday. Thia was the one America voted for.

Haley and Rachel were the last two. Haley I really liked, Rachel I didnt. She was horrid. I'm glad the voters put Haley through instead.

So the top 5 girls, according to America: Pia Toscano, Lauren Alaina, Karen Roriguez, Thia Megia, and Haley Reinhart.


Next up were the picks for the wildcard spots! Three girls and three guys got to perform one last time for the last three spots. The judges chose: Ashton, Kendra, and Naime from the girls and Stefano, Jovany, and Robbie from the guys.

The only person I was really rooting for to be put through was Kendra. The first person put through was Ashton Jones. The second person the judges picked was Stefano. I really didnt care who made it out of the guys, but I'm satisfied with that decision. The very last spot went to Niame.

So the last three spots belong to: Ashton Jones, Stefano Langone, and Naime Adedapo.

 

I'm pretty satisfied with all of America's decisions, but I wasnt too happy with the judges choices. I would have rather seen Kendra put through over one of the other girls. Or hell, I would have picked her over Stefano, but overall that's really the only person I wanted in that didnt make it, aside from Brett, who wasnt chose for a second shot anyway. 

Your Thoughts?!

17 comments:

  1. Well, i'm slightly disappointed because the guy I was rooting for didn't make it. Brett Loewenstern, but the girl I am rooting for made it. Karen Rodriquez. Maybe Brett'll come back next year or get a chance somewhere. I really liked his original song even though they only showed part of it or he only sang part of it. The lyrics touched me, but that's okay. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Brett too, but I dont recall hearing any original song by him. Maybe he will get a shot somewhere else, but according to their rules, you're not allowed to come back after you've made it past the Hollywood round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the performance he made before he made the top 24.

    Really? :( Aww shucks. Well I hope to hear about him in the future. I really liked his style, it was unique and I could tell what he was singing. There's some singers where I can't tell what they are saying unless I look up the lyrics. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed it =(

    Yeah, I wish they would do some sort of competition that had all the idols that made the top 24, but got cut before they made the top 12, come back and try again. I think that would be interesting.

    I know what you mean. There's several singers today that I cant tell wth they are saying in their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think America may have felt as I did about Brett - there was just a creepy vibe about him LOL But I reckon I am OK with the rest of the picks, because... well, outside of Scotty none of them have really made that 'wow' impression on me yet.

    I remember last year, the first time I saw Krystal Bowersox, I just KNEW I wanted her to win from the get-go. Right now... just not feeling it for any of them. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it'll be on youtube. I know that most of American Idol clips are copyrighted because there's been talk of them releasing the seasons on DVD with like loads of special features and extra footage.

    Don't quote me on this, but I think I saw a video on the American idol website that says 'watch on they became the top 24'. It should still be there if I remember right.

    When I can't tell what they are saying I always wonder if they have marbles in their mouth. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the only season I would buy on dvd, if any, would be the season Kellie Pickler was in. It was the season I was most invested in emotionally. (I cant believe I just said that)

    LOL I just make up my own words :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're right. I liked him, but I did get a weird vibe from him also. It was okay when he was singing, but just during interviews..eh...but I feel bad. I bet he's been picked on a lot =/

    Oh man, I loved Crystal. She put out a pretty good single too. I only heard it once, but I liked it. I cant for the life of me thank of the name of it. The name was similar to a country song though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warning: I’m a little cranky today so I might not be so positive. Lol.

    Who I think deserve a second chance to perform: Clint, Jordan, Brett & Kendra, Julie, Lauren T.

    I am so pissed that Naime even get a second chance. Arghh!!!! Kendra was better. The only thing Kendra didn’t do is “cry for sympathy”! Naime will never win this competition.

    I like Ashton but I just don’t like both of her performance.

    I’m still not into Stefano and his “roomate” James. That “rocker” dude is so emotional tonight its annoying.

    I want Naime out. I don’t think I can go through the “I scrub toilet for a living sob story and I wear horrible dresses on stage” anymore.

    I agree that the judges should’ve pick Brett. I cant believe Randy would pick Naime over Kendra. UNBELIEVABLE. I know that Steven and Jlo is a softy but not Randy. I bet she is gonna be like Fantasia with sob stories every single week until she won the competition. I hope America will not make the same mistake again.

    I don’t like Naime.
    I don’t like Stefano.
    I don’t like James.
    I don’t like Paul..maybe..i don’t know.
    I don’t like the top 6 guys at all.
    Ashton better bring it next week or im dropping her off my list.

    -_- ^ sorry for that ^

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha I don't really remember that season, but season one would be mine fer sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that I think they gave some of the wrong girls and guys a second chance. I really thought Brett would make it =/

    I totally agree about Kendra! She freaking nailed her second shot. The notes she hit was CRAZY. Even Kelly Clarkson tweeted something about her right after. It's total bs that they put Ashton and Naime through instead. Naime has a good voice, but she's not going to win! I think Kendra would have had a true shot at winning.

    I didnt know that Naime was one of those sob stories. I missed a lot, so thanks for filling me in on her.

    I'm still on the fence about James, Stefano, and most of the guys. The only guy I like is Scotty as of now.

    No need to apologize! I really enjoyed reading =) I rant a lot so I dont mind lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely disagree with the wildcard picks!! Booo!!!!! =P

    I am happy with the diversity in styles of the guys that America chose. And am quite happy with who they are with the exception of Jacob, he's annoying, voice and personality.

    I LOVE James!! Love love love him. And seriously with having tourette's... damn he's good.

    The girls... I really agree with 2 of the choices (Lauren and Haley) and am on the fence about another (Thia) but the rest whatever, has beens before they ever were. Their voices are nice and good and forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Kendra SHOULD be in the top 13!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just dont know about the guys yet. But I'll be keeping my eyes on James. As of right now Scotty is really the only one I like.

    Omg I think Pia has an amazing voice from what I saw Wednesday. I think that girl could win the competition if she keeps bringing it like she did. But I'm keeping my eyes on a few of the other girls.

    I think I like the girls a little more vocally this year than the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what to think about Pia. Yes her voice is really good but she seems like she... how do I say this... It seems like she would get lost in the mix of every other female artist out there right now, there isn't anything to make her memorable to me.

    Scotty is great and I would def buy an album by him. That voice is like comfort food, you just can't get enough of it.

    I am a ricker girl at heart so you have to know I am almost always onna go with the rocker. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. crap! Here's my comment again. I logged in with FB and it posted my name. I don't like having my name on blogs. Sorry, could you delete the other comment for me?

    I don't know what to think about Pia. Yes her voice is really good but she seems like she... how do I say this... It seems like she would get lost in the mix of every other female artist out there right now, there isn't anything to make her memorable to me.

    Scotty is great and I would def buy an album by him. That voice is like comfort food, you just can't get enough of it.

    I am a ricker girl at heart so you have to know I am almost always onna go with the rocker. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know what to think about Pia. Yes her voice is really good but she seems like she... how do I say this... It seems like she would get lost in the mix of every other female artist out there right now, there isn't anything to make her memorable to me.

    Scotty is great and I would def buy an album by him. That voice is like comfort food, you just can't get enough of it.

    I am a rocker girl at heart so you have to know I am almost always gonna go with the rocker. =)

    ReplyDelete