Monday, September 8, 2008

Good-Bye "Guitar Man"

I was just informed that Jerry Reed died =(

Photobucket

I guess I dont watch enough TV to keep up with the latest happenings, because he died August 31st and I'm just now finding out =/

I've always liked Jerry Reed. For anybody who doesnt know him, he was a songwriter, country singer, and an actor. Some of his songs were "Guitar Man" "Amos Moses" and "When You're Hot, You're Hot."

Photobucket

But I think he will be remembered best for his role as Cledus Snow in one of my favorite movies of all time, Smokey and the Bandit, and for providing us with it's great theme song, "East Bound and Down."


Photobucket

He died August 31st of complications from emphysema at the age of 71.

Jerry Reed may not have been the best country singer or actor around, but he will be missed by many and forever be remembered by his fans as "The Guitar Man."

Photobucket

May he rest in peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment