Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Little Rant On Racism and Toby Keith


I am so fucking sick and tired of people yelling "racist" as soon as they hear something that they don't like. Let me rant...


So I'm reading through blogs and I come across one that mentions Toby Keith and Barrack Obama...I didnt know what the heck the blog was talking about, so I googled and found my answer....

Now, Keith has trained his sights on Barack Obama, attacking him in racially tinged language that startled even the notoriously reactionary radio jock Glenn Beck. During Keith's appearance on the July 30 broadcast of Beck's show, he remarked, "I think the black people would say he [Obama] don't talk, act or carry himself as a black person."

"What does that even mean?" the audibly shocked Beck replied.

"Well, I don't know what that means," Keith drawled, "but I think that that's what they would say. Even though the black society would pull for him I still think that they think in the back of their mind that the only reason he is in [the general election] is because he talks, acts and carries himself as a Caucasian."


Ok, yeah that was probably a very stupid thing for Toby Keith to say, but isnt it the truth??? I mean Obama doesnt act like...should I dare say it..."the typical black person."
Hell yess I can say because Obama had no problem saying his mom was "your typical white woman" so I really see no difference. I for one didnt see that as being racist, but a lot of people did, but oh well not the point of this blog. Back to what I was saying...

Toby Keith's choice of words were very poor in taste, but there is some truth to it. If Obama was acting like your typical black person he wouldnt have made it in the general election...thats the truth. Al though I dont see how he can say he's acting Caucasian??? That's going a little too far...Obama is acting how a person should act...like a dignified and educated human being. Not even all white people act that way...but I still dont think what Toby Keith said makes him a racist.

But whatever...I dont really give a flying fuck what he said about Obama. What he said doesnt change the fact that he's in the running.

What pissed me off is an article wrote by some fucking know it all reporter named Max Blumenthal. In this article he says...

Last week, I reported for the Huffington Post that country singer Toby Keith had performed a pro-lynching anthem on the Colbert Report, and would be playing the same song soon on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and a slew of nationally televised talk shows.


The lyrics of Keith's song, "Beer For My Horses," which I transcribed, could hardly be less explicit -- "Hang 'em high, for all the people to see." In my piece, I also noted the racially tinged nature of the song's video and the forthcoming movie that Keith's song inspired.


OK SINCE WHEN THE FUCK HAS THIS SONG BEEN CONSIDERED A "PRO-LYNCHING ANTHEM" AND SINCE WHEN HAS THE VIDEO BEEN CONSIDERED RACIST??? THE FUCKING SONG AND VIDEO HAS BEEN OUT SINCE 2005 AND ITS JUST NOW BEING CALLED OUT????

OH NOOOOO FUCKING WAY!! THAT SHIT DONT WORK LIKE THAT!!! WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU HEAR SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE, YOU CANT JUST GO AROUND TRYING TO TWIST SHIT TO MAKE IT FIT WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!!

I DONT SEE ANYTHING RACIST IN THIS.....


Grand pappy told my pappy back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he'd done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street
For all the people to see

Ummmm...well aint that the fucking truth??? Didnt people get hanged back in the day for stealing and shit?? I mean..wtf??? Back in the old western days thats how they performed public exacutions....if somebody was sentenced to die they would hang their asses! It aint being fucking racist..it's saying that the world is going to shit and aint nobody doing a damn thing about it. The justice system is just letting these criminals back on the streets to repeat the crimes again...Toby Keith is simply saying we should go OLD SCHOOL on their asses and put a stop to it the first time around. Plus, at the end of the day it's just a fucking song, a song that was meant to be fun and a video that was meant to be funny! How it can be considered racist is fucking beyond me!!


Watch the video in the comment below and ya'll can be the judge!!


People just piss me the fuck off! The only reason he's being attacked is because he's a country singer and a redneck and you all know all of us white country loving rednecks are racist!




No comments:

Post a Comment