Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

R.I.P. Heath

April 4, 1979 – January 22, 2008 


I'm sure everybody has heard by now that Heath Ledger, 28, was found dead today. It's being speculated that he died of an overdose of sleeping pills. I'm truly in a state of shock right now. No matter how many times I see it on TV or read it on the internet, I just can't believe it. I am deeply saddened by this. I've liked Heath ever since seeing him in Ten Things I Hate About You.



I'm also feeling a sense of deja vu, because just last Tuesday I was sitting here typing about Brad Renfro and how sad it is that so many actors have died so young due to drugs. I just don't know what to say. Heath was such a great actor. His performance in Brokeback Mountain was amazing. But what saddens me the most is that now a little girl is going to grow up without her father.


I'm feeling so sad right now that I can't think straight. I don't want to sound redundant and write about all the great lives lost due to drugs because I did so the other day. It's way too depressing. 

I want to close by saying rest in peace Heath. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment