Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Little Rant On 2007


I don't know about anybody else, but I'm so glad 2007 is coming to an end. This has been one messed up year. Some people actually lost their minds. So here is a few things that got on my nerves.

Things That Irked My Nerves In 2007

Paris, Lindsey, and Britney- One went to jail, one went to rehab, and one just went stupid. Half of this year you couldn't turn on the TV without seeing them…and gawd do I mean seeing them. (Girls, please start wearing panties or at least learn how to get out of a car without flashing the world your bits and pieces.) People know more about what is going on with these three than they do the war…it's pathetic. Atleast Paris and Lindsey have seemed to clean up their act a little. Britney is just a lost cause at this point. I just wish she would buy better hair extensions while she's out acting like a moron.

The Anna Nicole Smith Fiasco- Anna's death was a bit shocking and yeah it was even a little sad, so I can understand how the media wanted to cover her death for the first few weeks. But then a few weeks turned into a few months and it wasn't even nice stories either. They kept finding these old videos of her in a horrible state of mind and playing them over and over. I thought it was a little distasteful. Then you had the controversy not only surrounding her death, but you also had the "who's the daddy" controversy. Talk about a million men coming out of the wood work wanting to be that baby's father. The entire coverage on her death was just down right shameful and the way they exploited her baby was disgusting.

O.J. Simpson- Just when people finally stop asking "Did he do it?", the man has to go and reignite the flame that started eight years ago. The man gets away with murder and now after all these years he's going to write a book called If I Did It. He has kids for goodness sakes and for him to write a book telling how he would have killed their mother is disgusting. Then finally, after the controversy surrounding the book finally dies down, what does he do? He goes and gets himself involved in a robbery! I think the man craves attention. I mean really, how dumb can one person be? If I got away with murder, I'd move to a tropical island and I'd never be heard from again.

The New "Fat"- First the media called Tyra Banks "America's Next Top Waddle" and then everybody attacked Britney Spears, calling her fat, after her VMA performance(The performance was a disaster, but the girl's not fat!). Then they called Jennifer Love Hewitt fat, which really took the cake! Somebody please tell how she could be considered fat. I'm really dying to know. She's a size two for crying out loud! People are really demented when they have nothing better to do than sit around attacking other people's weight. But I've already blogged about this once, so I'm not going to say anything further because it really pisses me off what some people consider fat.

The Golden Compass- I swear I'll never understand how some movies offend certain people. Especially ones that are nothing more than fantasy. To want to boycott a movie just because it's something you don't agree with is retarded. If you don't want to watch it, then don't, it's as simple as that. Some of us actually know how to separate what's real from what's make believe. If watching one movie is going to make you question your faith, you didn't have much faith to begin with.


Stupidest Stuff I've Heard All Year

Gay Rehab- After religious hypocrite Ted Haggard was accused of engaging in homosexual acts, he was apparently sent off to rehab, where they "cured" him and deemed him "completely heterosexual." All I have I can say is…WTF?? How do you cure somebody from being gay?? You're either gay or you're not. End of story.

Sesame Street- The first season of Sesame Street came out on DVD carrying a disclaimer saying it's not suitable for kids. Apparently Cookie Monster encourages childhood obesity and Oscar the Grouch is, well, just too grouchy. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID??? *banging my head against the wall* Yes, lets seriously blame Cookie Monster for making our country fat! You'd think at one point maybe people would wake up and start taking responsibility for their actions. Instead they want to blame a damn puppet for all the worlds problems.

HO! HO! NO! - I've already blogged about this once, but it's just too damn stupid not to mention again. Australia was encouraging Santa to stop saying Ho Ho Ho this year because it could scare kids. They wanted him to say Ha Ha Ha instead. Whether you agree or not, just remember this is coming from a country that holds annual hooker balls. No joke.


Top 3 Annoying Songs

1234 by Feist- This is possibly the stupidest song I have ever heard. The video was retarded. I have no clue wtf she was wearing and she danced like a chicken on crack.

Stay by Sugarland- I know a lot of people like it, but I just can't tell you how much I hate it. I cannot stand Jennifer Nettles. The song was painful to my ears and the video just made me cringe.

Rehab by Amy Winehouse- Ok, maybe it's just me, but this song just doesn't make any sense.


Ok so there you have it. Is there anything about 2007 that got on your nerves? Feel free to vent about it here.

3 comments:

  1. I was worried Britney may be a lost cause as well, I sure hope she's really better now. I notice she's still lip syncing her new performances :( and she's showing off a lot more skin :(. The concert of hers from her Oops! Tour I saw she WAS ACTUALLY SINGING LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! it was awesome! Even singing during her fast songs. I just wish she would sing live, we don't need her to keep giving us more like her song says. Maybe some of her fans think she needs to give them more, but i just want her to sing live like she used to and make good music. jeesh! LoL

    Not that she isn't making good music. Her song 'my baby' actually made my mother cry. She has NEVER liked any of Britney's music, but she loved that song, so i'm thinking that she's better. I heard live performances of her over the years though and I wonder if that's why she's lipping. Her voice has changed over the years and maybe that's just a sad truth :-/.

    I just read that Lindsay is going to change her last name to Sullivan. WTF? She says it's because Lohan is attached to her troubled past. Hmm...I guess I can understand that in some respects :-/.

    Paris Hilton must have been the least troubled because I don't even remember her drama LoL!

    I never really felt good or bad about Anna Nicole. Her son was REALLY cute though :(.

    THAT'S what OJ Simpson's book was a bout? I thought by 'IF I did it." he was just going to say how he could understand why ppl feel the way they do if he did do it. But that is sick!

    You said, "If watching one movie is going to make you question your faith, you didn't have much faith to begin with." AMEN! Sister! Amen! LoL! Da Vinci Code made me question mine so I didn't have much of one in Jesus I guess :p. :-/.

    I loved the movie the Golden Palace but it ended leaving us hanging. I assumed there was gonna be a sequel. Or was that really how it ended? Did it imply the good guys lost then?

    Gay rehab can kiss my fuckin' ass! LoL! i'll send 'em some farts to straighten out LoL!

    the video for 'stay' by Sugarland impressed me because of her acting, but I never listened to it again after that.

    that thing about Australia is hilarious! LoL

    Amy Whinehouse 'Rehab' is just annoying! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully Britney got her life back on track, and Paris isnt making as many headlines as she was back in 2007. The only one that seems to still be "doomed" is Lindsey =/ I read that she's actually just going to drop her last name and just go by "Lindsey" ..she figures she's Madonna or Oprah I guess LOL

    O.J. is a straight up dumb ass!!

    I actually never did watch The Golden Compass LOL - Well maybe the movie didnt exactly make you question your faith, but just ask questions in general ...

    Wow - it just doesnt seem like it's been 4 years since I posted this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i cant believe it's been four years either!!

    there's certain names that could go by themselves, but i'm not sure if Lindsay can be...she'll have to make the name for herself again if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete